Thomas Markle’s bizarre Oprah letter

In a bold new move against his daughter, Thomas Markle has hand delivered a letter to Oprah urging her to consider him as her next interview subject.

Thomas Markle has hand delivered a letter to Oprah Winfrey – asking her to interview him about his relationship with estranged daughter Meghan.

The lighting director, 76, drove up to the chat show host’s $117 million luxury estate in Montecito, California, on Thursday and handed the note to a masked security guard outside.

RELATED: Worrying Meghan habit royals can’t ignore

He is understood to have offered to tell his side of the story to Oprah, after her explosive interview with Meghan in which the Duchess spoke of her father’s “betrayal”.

Oprah lives just a couple of kilometres from the $20 million home of Meghan – the daughter he has not spoken to for almost three years – Harry and Archie, the son-in-law and grandson he’s never met.

A source toldThe Sun this weekend: “Thomas delivered a letter to Oprah asking her to contact him so he could tell his side of the story.

“This was not a note to Meghan and Harry, it was meant for Oprah.

“Thomas watched the interview she did with them and feels he deserves a chance to have his say.”

RELATED: ‘Disappointed’: Meghan’s dad speaks

In January last year – more than a year before Meghan and Harry sat down with Oprah – Thomas told The Sun he was thinking of penning a letter to the TV star.

Knowing she was friends with his daughter, he said: “I was going to write Oprah a letter asking her to let me have an opportunity to speak.”

TV lighting expert Thomas, who now lives in Rosarito, Mexico, fell out with Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, in the run up to their wedding in 2018.

She spoke to Oprah about his “betrayal” for lying about posing for paparazzi pictures – which she claimed would lead to problems protecting her own children.

It is believed she was talking about a notice sent around to newspapers, on behalf of her and Harry, warning them to respect Thomas’s privacy.

Hours later though, it emerged that he had breached his own privacy by co-operating with the photographer.

Meghan told Oprah: “When I said we won’t be able to protect our own kids one day and I said: ‘So I just need you to tell me and if you tell me the truth, we can help’.

“He wasn’t able to do that. And that for me has really resonated, especially now as a mother.

“I look at Archie, I think about this child, and I genuinely can’t imagine doing anything to intentionally cause pain to my child.”

Following the Oprah interview, Thomas, who claims Meghan and Harry scolded him as he lay in hospital after suffering a heart attack before the wedding, hit back on Good Morning Britain.

Speaking two days after the Oprah interview, he called Prince Harry “snotty”.

He also denied that the Royal Family and Britain was racist, saying a comment over grandson Archie’s skin tone was just a “dumb question” and calling the royal couple’s claims “bulls***”.

Thomas recalled the night Harry stripped off to play naked billiards in Las Vegas in 2012 and The Sun’s picture of the prince dressed as a Nazi soldier at a fancy-dress party in 2005.

He said: “She made a statement saying she lost me – she didn’t lose me, I would’ve always been there for her, I’m there for her now if she wants me.

“We all make mistakes – but I’ve never played naked pool or dressed like Hitler like Harry did.”

This article originally appeared on The Sun and is reproduced here with permission.

Read related topics:Meghan Markle

Entertainment – syndicated | Herald Sun